*[Scroll to bottom for bonus workout!]*
An unofficial, uncertified, free for all, socially distanced group run/race.
When: 8am, Thanksgiving morning! (Or run the route anytime that day to be considered for a prize.*)
There is at least one “nice” hill every mile. That’s 6+ hills:
- Newton Dr.
- Martin St.
- Farmington Dr.
- Cemetery Loop
- Thompson Dr.
- Williams St.
Get the t-shirt!
There is no entry fee…all are free to run! But if you want a t-shirt you have to order one. Gotta get the shirt! (See above.)
Additional info…in no particular order:
- 8am start is flexible to your own schedule and social distance comfort zone.
- There will be no police, no closed roads, no water stops. Run at your own risk.
- You’re responsible for yourself and your needs on the course. If you aren’t comfortable with running on the roads in Covington you will want a partner to stay with you.
- There will be bottles of water at the start/finish line near Legion Field. (Thanks Ashley and Lexi!)
- I do not know the Legion Field schedule so if we’re not able to park there you will just need to find a legal parking spot nearby…shouldn’t be hard.
- No porta-potties or guaranteed bathroom nearby…come prepared.
- *There will be a prize for the overall fastest woman/man who runs the designated course on Thanksgiving day. To be considered for prize you have to submit proof of your time and distance…preferably showing a screenshot of the map of your route from strava, mapmyrun, garmin, or other platform. Results can be posted to event page or emailed to me at email@example.com. Winners will announced by 10am the next day!
- My friend Karen had the great idea to bring donations for the local food bank as an “entry fee”, so we will have a box for that at the start/finish line.
- The course will be loosely marked with (cardboard/spray painted) slices of pumpkin pie pointing the way, but study the course map beforehand just in case.
- Everyone who runs must bring a loving attitude and a grateful heart.
4 week minimal training plan (just enough to spruce up your skills). If you can run/walk 3 miles you can do this:
More about Fit in the Shade:
I know I talk a lot about faith, flowers, and this ol’ farmhouse, but homeschool and fitness is really what the Lord has me doing at this point in life.
I keep a fairly busy schedule teaching my kids at home amd teaching classes at the Covington Family YMCA. I’m also a certified personal trainer and have been doing some virtual training as well as designing fitness programs for clients to do on their own since times have changed. Like everything else, the way we do fitness has had to adapt.
Personal training: From weight training workouts to cardio HIIT to mat pilates…I can put together workouts that fit your fitness style.
For $100 flat fee I offer 10 weeks of workouts. Every week you receive a personalized workout schedule in your inbox that you can do in your own time and space. Throughout the week I’m available for questions/concerns/general whining 😉 and at the end of each week we’ll check-in to see how it went and if any changes need to be made. Then I’ll send your new routine. The workouts may include links to videos or exercise instructions.
I also offer custom designed run training plans (5k to ultra marathon) for a flat fee of $100. (This is not just for beginners but for anyone wanting to improve or progress.) We can discuss your abilities, goals, and schedule and come up with a plan (8- 16 weeks depending on your goal) to get you to your running goal. After that it would be up to you to actually follow the plan. Of course I’d be available anytime along the way for questions, concerns, or motivational quotes… like this one:
Also, for $15/session I offer run training and outside fitness training. This can be a weekly meet-up (so $150/10-weeks) or sporadic. With homeschool being my top priority right now my time is limited but if your schedule is flexible we can make it happen.
So get off the couch and contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s do this.
More about me:
I like to see metamorphosis in people.
One of the first people I trained called herself a “slug”…and yes, she was a bit sluggish from not being physically active for a long time.
However, after our first six weeks together she was hungry for more and ready to take on training for a 5k.
We trained another six weeks and she did complete that 5k! We had taken a run/walk approach and this got her to that finish line, BUT it only made her want to set the bar a little higher!
SO, we’re now nearing the end of our third six week stint and she’s about to go for another 5k…this time running the whole time!
This is metamorphosis…
Transforming not only your body but also your mindset…challenging yourself and continually setting new goals for yourself.
I would love to help you see this change within yourself.
I am an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer as well as a Road Runners Club of America Certified Run Coach.
Praise the Lord.
Bonus Workout: These are moves you can do anywhere! They’re great for runners and non-runners alike:
Just show up!