Scripture: 3 John 1 (That’ll make 3 whole books of the Bible we’ve read this year!)
This little book is packed with human relation.
First, John is writing to his dear friend and brother in Christ, praying for him and encouraging him.
- Let’s pray for our friends and pray for our church.
Second, he’s encouraging his friend to support others working in the faith.
- Let’s support each other in works of faith within the church and outside its walls.
Third, he’s dealing with a person who is putting himself before others, imitated evil rather than good.
- Let’s always put others before ourselves…imitate good .
Journal: Write out an action, or actions, you could take today to encourage someone else (maybe write them a note). Or think of a way to support people working in or with the church (maybe ask them if there’s something they need that you could buy for them). Or just be purposeful in putting others first today. Write your ideas down so you’ll feel more committed to them.
Move: Here’s a gym workout I call “Fail to Succeed” as in “fail in order to succeed.” Doing reps to failure is a “fun” change-up!
You can do most of that at home by making these substitutions:
- Floor dumbbell press instead of bench press.
- Bent over dumbbell row or row with a band instead of seated cable row.
- Deadlift with dumbbells.
- And crunches instead of ab machine.
Praise the Lord, and keep showing up!