Scripture: Matthew 9
Jesus didn’t come to those who thought they already had it made. No, He came to the sick and the sinners.
He’s the Great Physician.
You don’t go to the gym AFTER you’ve gotten in shape and are feeling fit. No, you go to the gym (or on a run, or start exercising at home) because you WANT TO BE healthier and in shape.
Stop trying to fix yourself apart from Jesus.
- Bring your sin and shame to Him. Let Him work on your heart.
- Bring Him your needs and desires. Let Him fulfill you.
- Bring Him the hard parts of your life…the sick parent, angry spouse, addicted child…Let Him heal.
It’s what He does. You just have to show up.
Journal: Write a prayer for healing. Either for yourself or someone else.
Move: Dumbbell workout 3×10 each:
- Side lateral raise
- Single-arm dumbbell snatch
- Arnold press
- Upright row
- Bent rear-delt fly
- Overhead tricep extension
- Tricep dips
Praise the Lord, and just show up!