Scripture: 1 Peter 1
This chapter is jam packed!
Peter is writing to the believers who have been scattered because of persecution. He reminds them of their purpose and gives them instructions that fall to us as well.
How can we apply these instructions to our lives today?:
- “Prepare your minds for action”
- “Keep sober in spirit”
- “Fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (vs.13)
- “Do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in ignorance” (vs.14)
- “BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY” (vs.16)
- “Conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth” (vs.17)
- “Fervently love one another from the heart” (vs.22)
We do all this because of His great mercy to us…because even though we don’t see Him now, we believe in Him…because we have hope of His return...because we’ve been born again!
Journal: If you don’t understand any of the instructions listed above, or if one of them seems overly challenging to you, write it down, and pray about it. Ask God to give you wisdom and strength to obey His word. Let His Spirit make a change in you.
Move: 25 each of these exercises:
- Tricep dips
- Jump squats
- Mountain climbers (25 each leg)
- Jump lunges (25 each leg)
- Air squats
- High knees
- Pushups to side plank (25 total)
- Bicycle crunches
Praise the Lord, and keep showing up!