Scripture: 1 Samuel 12
Israel had a long list of sins. Adding a king didn’t help.
However, Samuel had some encouraging words for them, and I think they can apply to us today.
We can always turn back to the Lord.
If you find yourself in a pattern of sin, just turn around:
- Do not be afraid (vs. 20).
- Do not turn aside from following the Lord (vs. 20).
- Serve Him with all your heart (vs. 20).
- Do not turn aside after empty things (vs. 21).
- Pray and get others to pray for you (vs. 23).
- Get counsel on the good and right way (vs. 23).
24 Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.
Don’t be swept away.
Journal: Write a prayer asking for forgiveness of sins. It’s readily available.
Move: Back and Biceps dumbbell workout. 3 sets of 8 reps and some cardio:
- Bent row
- Single arm rows
- Bicep curls
- Alternating bicep curls
- Jump rope 1 minute on, 30 sec rest x8
Praise the Lord, and keep showing up.