Scripture: Matthew 7
There’s a lot of meat packed in this chapter, but it’s all pretty simple if you break it down into bite-sized pieces:
- Don’t judge others by a standard which you yourself are not willing to be judged (vs.1-5).
- Don’t expect unbelievers to respect God’s laws (vs.6).
- Keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking on the Lord’s door. He wants to give you good gifts! (vs.7-11)
- “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets” (vs.12).
- Don’t take the wide road! (vs.13)
- Don’t judge, but do TEST. People who claim to be prophets of God should have fruits in their lives that back up their words (vs.15-20).
- Not everyone who says, “Lord, Lord!” will get into heaven…but those who do the will of God sure will (vs.21-23).
- “What’s the will of God?” you ask: Scripture on God’s Will
- Build your house on the rock…hear the words of Jesus, and do them. Build.
Journal: Write a prayer of thanksgiving for the words of Jesus that we can freely read.
Move: Got a stretchy band at home? It’s a great tool for your box:
Praise the Lord, and just show up.